New Zealand Domestic Fare Rules Guide
This document is to serve as a guide only. Fare rules are subject to change at any time without notice. All fares are subject to availability at time of booking.
Air New Zealand
seat and seat + bag fares
1. Classes P, K, X, G, S, L, T, W.
Must be ticketed within 24 hours of reservation
If inside 36 hours must be ticketed within 4 hours
2. Classes V, Q, H, B, Y
Bookings made 14 days or more from departure must be ticketed within 7 days of reservation
Bookings made within 8 – 14 of departure must be ticketed 7 days prior to departure
Bookings made within 7 days of departure must be ticketed within 24 hours of reservation
Bookings made within 36 hours of departure must be ticketed within 4 hours of reservation
When there are two or more fare components in any one PNR the most restrictive TTL condition applies
3. Product upgrades
Seat & Seat + Bag - ADC applies from Seat to Seat + Bag. No change fee applicable if on same flight, same day. Upgrading to Flexichange or Flexirefund not permitted after original issue.
Flexichange - Upgrading to Flexirefund not permitted after original issue.
Flexirefund - Not Applicable
4. Airpoints Dollars and Status Points accrual permitted for Seat, Seat + Bag, Flexichange and Flexirefund.
All travel is subject to the Air New Zealand Conditions of Carriage.
- Changes to the time, date, or name must be made before airport check-in opens for a change fee and any applicable fare difference.
- There is no change fee for a date, time or name change but any fare difference that may apply is payable. Changes must be made before airport check-in opens.
- On eligible bundles, you can cancel your flight and get a credit voucher for the full amount. Available until check-in opens for your flight. Cancel your flight online or with the Jetstar app. Your credit voucher is valid for 3 years (36 months) from the Issue Date noted on it to purchase flights only. It may only be used by the passenger named on the original booking. See credit voucher terms and conditions.
- Move to another flight departing on the same day (subject to availability). Change your flight from 12 am on the day of departure until airport check-in opens via the Jetstar app, jetstar.com or call centre, or airport check-in closes via our airport check-in counter. Flights must be to and from the same airports. Change your flight to a different day without a change fee (fare difference may apply).
- You can purchase 15kg to 40kg of checked baggage.
- The main item must be stored in the overhead locker and your small item placed under the seat in front of you. Size restrictions apply.
- Flex includes a 14kg carry-on allowance. Size & piece limits apply - maximum 2 items - one main item up to 10kg and must not exceed 56cm (H) x 36cm (W) x 23cm (D), and one small item to go under the seat in front.
- NZ domestic flights over 45 minutes NZD $10 in-flight meal deal available.
- Flights will be refunded in the form of a credit voucher. Starter Max bundles made via the GDS (Global Distribution System) channel will receive refunds for cancellations in cash only at a fee per passenger, per booking. Refunds for ticketless GDS Starter Max fares must be requested through Jetstar. GDS Starter Max fares issued on an airline partner ticket will need to be referred to that partner airline to process the refund. GDS bookings issued on a Hahn ticket can request a refund via BSP link.